Lift Truck Operator Program
OSHA requires Forklift Operators to be certified!
The Lift Truck Operator Training, OSHA standard CFR 1910.178, is a comprehensive one-day course, incorporating classroom and hands-on training, designed for both new and experienced lift truck operators. For experienced operators, this course helps fine-tune your operating skills and refresh your understanding of safe operating procedures.
Utilizing the highly acclaimed "Coaching" method of non-lecture teaching, this information-packed classroom course encourages participants to observe, analyze and discuss recommended safety practices.
Upon passing the practical forklift test and successful completion of the course, participants receive a wallet-sized certificate of completion indicating that they have received formal instruction in Lift truck Operation. It is recommended that the participant is further evaluated and documented by a competent evaluator at his/her workplace using job site specific lift truck/forklift.Powered Industrial Truck - Definition:
- Commonly known as forklifts, pallet trucks, rider trucks, fork-trucks, or lift-trucks
- A mobile, power-propelled truck used to carry, push, pull, lift, stack or tier materials
- Can be powered through electric or combustion engines
You will learn the following:
- OSHA standards
- Pre-start Safety Inspections
- Design Considerations
- Picking Up the Load
- Moving the Truck
- Setting Down the Load
- Have prior forklift driving experience and be over 18 years old
- Pass a written & practical test
Certification valid for three (3) years.
Course Length: 8 hours Price: $155
Spanish Forklift Operator Certification classes also available for Open Enrollment and Onsite.
Call (954) 603-1900 for more information.
Onsite pricing also available!